-->

Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

Edinburgh

After a jam-packed birthday, I went shopping on Friday to prepare for Edinburgh the following day. It's safe to say I was a little freaked out at the short notice, I think I did rather well considering. With the John Lewis vouchers (and some birthday money) I splurged on some much needed new make up!

My favourite foundation, Dior Nude (20, light beige), a fabulous new lipstick from Bobbi Brown which is great for day-to-day use (22, Sandwash Pink) and the new YSL bb cream in clear– my new best friend.

I've wanted to try Clinique for a while and decided to start of with a wash/cleanse/moisturise pack for £20 (I went for the dry skin combination)- I'll decided what I think of it in a few days, although I'm already thinking I should've gone for the very dry-dry combo.

My favourite purchase of the day was my ted baker ipad mini case, it's just the sweetest little thing and has a handy compartment inside with room for papers/cleaning cloth.

Enough of my spending though! How was Edinburgh, I hear you ask? Phe-no-me-nal.

This was my itinerary:



Mignon, non?

The mystery was theatre tickets to see an RSC production of The Winter's Tale at the festival theatre- wait until you hear what happened!

So here's my weekend in pictures (with the odd, written burst of enthusiasm, description or short-story telling).


At Central Station, all coffied-up and ready to go!



These delectable things were from Hotel Chocolate– strawberry trifle (bottom left) was the best. 


Pink champagne, Charbonnel et Walker and the lovely goodies from Hotel Chocolate for our (surprisingly short) train journey, heaven!!


The Caledonian Waldorf Astoria, Edinburgh.




The room was lovely, the chairs were ubber comfy and the docking station was very handy!






No, of course I didn't threaten to lock Jade up in the cell....




Mino's mexican restaurant on Rose Street (behind Princes Street). 




Best nachos I've ever had. But those bad boys were huge. We barely ate half, definitely should have shared.



Relaxing back at the hotel with champagne and truffles before heading out to the theatre.



This, is the Festival Theatre. Now, our tickets also had written on them "King's Theatre", which seemed to be the more prominent, so after google mapping our route and leaving so we'd get there just in the nick of time we headed for the theatre. In heels. 15 minutes later we arrived at the KT 5 minutes before the show was about to start, we walked up to the doors only to find that they were locked. We'd only gone and went to the wrong theatre! After flagging a taxi (and freaking out– on my part, Jade was all cool and calm) we were flown across the city to the Festival Theatre, 4 minutes after the show had begun. The helpful staff showed us to some empty seats at the back and reassured me that I wasn't completely stupid as several people had made the same "wrong theatre" mistake that night. After the interval we went to our proper seats and carried on watching and laughing to the fabulous RSC production.


I had to explain to Jade what was going on, but she wasn't so keen on the production. I loved it. All that analysing of classical texts has finally paid off!



My dress and bracelets were from Primark, the jacket is an old River Island purchase and you can find a link to my clutch here and where I bought my necklace from here.




My shoesies are from Miss Selfridge.


I believe Jade's dress was from H & M.



After deciding to walk home (nearly 2 miles, or more), we had to take off our shoes for some of the journey. To recuperate when we got back to the hotel I ran us a hot bath to sooth (and clean) our thumping tootsies while Jade made us some quality hot chocolate.





Part of my birthday weekend gift was a £50 voucher for the Waldorf's very own Galvin Brasserie De Luxe.


Jade LOVED the bread ;)



The trout was beautifully cooked and the mini potatoes were perfection.


Jade went for the traditional sunday roast (which I might have tried too– it was lovely).



Passion fruit soufflĂ© with chocolate ice cream; I can't put into words how beautiful this was.


Jade's chocolate tart with Ginger ice cream was nice, but a little heavy for me.



Always a good sign!

Oh and the wine was incredible, I had a glass of the Muscadet Serve Main, 2011. The water wrote that down for me so I could buy some for the mamma!


Two very happy, very full girls who most definitely did not want to go home!




1 comment:

  1. Great article! This is the type of info that are
    meant to be shared around the internet. Shame on the seek engines for not positioning this publish
    higher! Come on over and visit my website .
    Thanks =)

    My web-site - Get More Information

    ReplyDelete